Quarantine Impact on PUSH
We remain inspired by the resilience of our community to stay connected while the Shelter-in-Place order remains active. Our 1st-6th grade students are working with live teachers through our Facebook Livestream. Our Company Artists, many of whom have lost jobs and gigs, have received relief funds through the end of the spring season.
We thank all of you who have stepped up to help, to donate, and to lend your support. If you’d like to give, please Donate Now.
Here’s what We’ve done:
- Moved our youth classes online at pushdance.org/youth
- Paid our Company Artists through the end of April
- Provided limited teaching engagements to our Teaching Artists
Here’s what We hope to do:
- Link up with an Internet Access non-profit to help under-resourced youth
- Sustain relief funds for our Artists and Teachers many of whom have been hit financially the hardest from the pandemic
- Create more virtual collaborations with like-minded organizations
We celebrate our F I F T E E N F O R W A R D anniversary and visioning year with changes we couldn’t have foreseen. But, in the wise words of Octavia Butler:
“All that you touch You Change. All that you Change Changes you. The only lasting truth Is Change.”
In these moments of change, Dance connects us to our physical, mental and spiritual health. What we can do during this time is to remain present and live in our truth one day at a time. Here at PUSH, we’ll continue to pull everyone together.
We look forward to sharing more of our virtual offerings and projects. Join us in supporting our artists/teachers by donating now.