NEEDED: Hip Hop Teacher
PUSH Dance Company (PUSH) seeks an After-School Hip Hop Teaching Artist
D A N C E C O M P A N Y
After-School Hip Hop Teaching Artist
Program: PUSH Outreach
Status: Part-Time Contract Position
Duration: 2020 School Year
PUSH Outreach seeks a dynamic part-time Hip Hop Teaching Artist for the 2020 school year.
Hip Hop explores the fundamentals of various street dance styles including Popping & Locking, B-boy\B-girl style, and much more. Students will become acquainted with locomotive skills, high energy movement, basic coordination, musicality, core strength, and footwork.
A successful candidate will have a fun & energetic class for an all Boys School grades 2-3; and grades 5-Middle School.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Developing and implementing classroom activities and curriculum:
- Provide proper materials and music for each dance lesson
- Teach fundamentals of Hip Hop dance appropriate to class skill level
- Knowledge of different age groups and physical activities
Ability to manage and organize:
- A positive classroom environment
- Choreography for performances
- Student progress report
General administrative duties:
- Maintain communications with school and PUSH administration
- Knowledge and experience studying, performing, and/or choreographing Hip Hop dance
- 2-3 years of experience teaching children
- A bachelor’s degree or subsequent experience
- Professionalism and reliable transportation
- Good written and verbal communication skills
ABOUT PUSH DANCE COMPANY
“Pushing the Standard.” -San Francisco Chronicle
PUSH Dance Company (popular name: PUSH) is a professional dance group based in San Francisco, which specializes in performance, touring, presenting and dance education. Founded in 2005, the Company’s mission is to build vibrant contemporary dances to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges attributed to mixed heritage. The outreach program was founded in 2008 and has served hundreds of children over the years. The program currently serves youth ages 3 to 24 in the surrounding San Francisco Bay Area. Teaching Artists and Assistants represent the values and mission statement of PUSH and act as ambassadors to the surrounding community.
Salary commensurate with experience at $40-$60 per 1-hour class. This is a part-time contract job with the potential of an extension.
To apply for this position, please send your resume in PDF format with the professional qualifications, 2 references by phone, and a letter of interest no more than 200 words in the body of an email describing how you can contribute to the duties and responsibilities of the organization to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Hip Hop Teaching Assistant” in the subject line.