Work we can believe in
Careers at PUSH lead to professional development and a supportive environment. You get to apply your work to real life solutions and help streamline the process towards helping communities of color.
Compensation & Benefits
- $27-$30/hr for 20-25 hrs/wk
- Schedule Flexibility
- Access to Studio Space Time
- Unlimited Dance Classes
How to Apply
- Please Apply on Indeed.com
- The interview process will include the following:
- Intro Phone Screen
- Short videos of pre-recorded Q/A
- Portfolio submission of previous work samples (ex. writing, worksheets, projects)
- Formal Interview Rounds (in-person and video)
Project Management Tools (Asana) • Google Suite • Program Coordination • Operational Logistics • Webinar Facilitating • Event Coordination • Guest Service • Volunteer Management • Detail-Oriented • Task Initiator • Organization • Planning
Hospitality • Relate with Others • Collaboration • Conflict-Resolution • Problem Solver • Learner • Flexible • Can-Do mentality
Grant Writing Experience • Canva/Adobe Suite • Quickbooks basics • Webpage management • Social Media savvy
WHAT WE DO
PUSH Dance Company (PUSH) is a non-profit arts organization with the philosophy of bringing “Art to the People” by way of inclusive and equitable programming. PUSH Dance Company performs vibrant contemporary dances, providing audiences an opportunity to examine issues of identity and intersecting cultures that surround and affect us all. Founded in 2005 by Artistic Director Raissa Simpson, PUSH maintains a philosophy that bold movement and intellect can coexist. This vision also includes a BIPOC artist sanctuary for artists of color.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
As we move into the prospect of operating our own dance studio, we need a dedicated Operations Coordinator (PT) who brings sustainable program & project coordination, non-profit administration, payroll and budgeting practices to our growing arts organization. You will manage and train our team allowing us to thrive in a creative and positive environment. You will help steward the coordination and growth of our programs. You help shepard the programming to our stakeholders and the general public. This job is onsite 4-5 days a week with occasional evenings and weekend events.
Front Desk & Guest Services
- Develop & Coordinate front desk guest service team.
- Promote the Push Dance Vision, Programs, Events, & Services to everyone
- Warmly greet all incoming faculty, staff, students, visitors and guests
- Answer phone call inquiries with collegial communication & redirect accordingly
- Check-in students and process payment for classes, workshops and studio rentals
Studio & Facilities Management
- Ensure all operations are functional during studio hours. Maintain a clean, organized, and suitable studio working environment for guests, participants, and staff.
- Process Requests for Studio Rentals and Room Reservations.
- Prepare & assist studio instructors for daily programming, space planning, and resourcing.
- Human Resource Functions (onboarding, employee relations)
- Facilitate and manage Work Exchange Program and Front desk staff
- Assist in Back Office functions: budgeting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general bookkeeping
- Maintain database(s) with up-to-date information in MindBody, Quickbooks, etc.
- Assist with creation and design of brochures and slide presentations
- Manage and facilitate logistics of events and residencies including invitations, RSVPS, catering, etc
- Coordinate and update Asana & Google calendars
- Attend PUSH events
- Research and gather necessary information for grant applications in conjunction with AD
- Manage deadline, engagement activities like outdoor classes, and status updates
- Track and manage grant timelines and reporting requirements
- Draft and send thank you letters and reports
Marketing & Web Coordination
- Primary contact for the website and social media
- Draft content for social media and/or blogs
- Keeps all accounts, stories, events up-to-date
- Trains faculty and staff on web presence like in house promotion of classes
Audition for PUSH Dance Company.
PUSH is currently accepting video auditions for its 2022 season. We are seeking women, men and non-binary individuals with experience on stage. This is a paid position that may lead to ongoing work.
Eligibility: PUSH is a contemporary modern dance company that doesn’t require conservatory training or technique in Western dance forms such as modern contemporary dance or ballet in order to join our artist roster.
To audition, please use the form to the left to send the following materials:
- Contact Name & Email
- Video Link (Vimeo/Youtube)
- Resume/CV or Describe Your Dance Background (PDF)
- Two phone references
Company Artists receive competitive hourly studio and technical rehearsal pay; and payment per performance
Email your resume to info[at]pushdance[dot]org with the subject line: “Teaching Artist” along with a pdf Resume/CV and two phone references.
Salary is commensurate with experience @ $40-$50/hr. This is a 3-month temporary part-time job with the potential of annual hiring.
We regularly partner with community centers, public/private schools and social justice organizations to bring dance offerings to youth as young as 4 years and as old as 26 years.
Our teaching artists teach regular classes and collaborate on seasonal shows. This is a rewarding and fulfilling job for anyone looking to bridge the gap in dance training between low-income communities of color.
Our TAs receive ongoing mentorship and support in child development, classroom environment and meeting intelligences outcomes.